Saturday, January 30, 2010

~* I Hate Snow *~

Ahhh, snow.  My cold, wet, white enemy.  Yes, it is true I moved into your territory, but for the past couple of years you have lain low and given me a sense of optimism.  Oh cruel beast.  You have made quite a comeback.  You have forced me to buy at least 3 days worth of groceries, and you know very well that I am a daily grocery shopper.  My pears may turn mushy before I can eat them; my bread modly.   Yes, you are a worth adversary.  My neighbors stole my shovel, my garage door is frozen shut; I couldn't get out if I wanted to.   Well played old man, well played.

Winston Churchill said, "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference to the Devil in the House of Commons."  So, I guess I need to start allying myself with Global Warming.  Maybe I will drive around in my 4-wheel drive gas guzzling Acura with the heat on high and the windows down. Its on Snow.  Its ON!

4 comments:

Ang. said...

We have about 10 inches. What about you?

Layin' it down for all to see... said...

Just about the same I guess. The wind has blown quite a bit of it off my deck. I can't be sure. Maybe sledding tomorrow!

Linda said...

It is melting here. :)

Layin' it down for all to see... said...

Linda, not melting here yet. Too cold.