Friday, January 29, 2010

Tower of Terror

My friend, who shall remain nameless for her own protection, and I were riding through the country one day when we stumbled upon this... thing.  Now, my friend had long sought to make her own tarot deck from her original photography, and we thought that this little gem might be a good contender for "the Tower".  I mean, what do you call it? Is it a shack? A hut? An upright coffin? A roadside outhouse? One person bus stop for 1980's flea market/carnival workers?  And is that a raft in front? 

I digress, my friend and I circled around this thing twice trying to figure out the best angle to truly capture the essence of this little gem.  We knew we wanted the awesome flea market, blacklight, cobra poster in the frame.  It was delicate work to be sure.  On our third approach my friend rolled down the window and I stopped.  As she was taking the picture we heard a bone chilling sound.  Loud and echoing; it was a whistle, and not a wolf whistle or a person whistling their favorite tune.  No, it was the whistle only heard in the south.   The "hey buddy get ready to get shot" whistle only truly done well by hillbillies.

I have never driven away from a place so fast in my life and that includes the night I got caught spying on my boyfriend while with the same friend.   In closing, if this is your hut/bus stop, please do not hunt me down and kill me.  Many thanks.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF???

I think it is an Alabama timemachine.