Sunday, May 16, 2010

I still miss you Jim.


Today is the 20th anniversary of Jim Henson's death. 

He was a quiet genius.  Willing to take a back seat and let the Muppets develop personalities of their own.   I had never cried over a "celebrity's" passing until the day he died, and haven't since (except maybe Jeff Buckley, but I was a little drunk then and probably would have cried anyway).

I still love you Jim and miss *your* Kermit the frog.  The new guy is good, but I can tell the difference.  Thanks for bringing me joy and making me smile still after all these years.  Now off to watch Kermit and Piggy save the Fabulous Baseball Diamond from Charles Grodin.

1 comments:

Katie said...

This is what I hate about the world,
Jim Henson is gone. To early. Beloved by millions,
while the Spencer Pratts and Heidi Montags of the world are alive and kickin and having a good go of it all.
Seems like the universe likes a good joke.