Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What the Hell? AKA Just Another Rant.



So, I took off a couple of hours early today because my body is rebelling against me, and I am a sicky.  Anywho, I was lying in bed after a nap and QVC was on the TV.  They were selling Birkenstocks.  Now, I love my Birks, and I wear them a lot in the summer with casual clothes.  I have had them resoled several times since 1992, and I seriously love them.

BUT, the women on QVC were selling these sandals and saying things like, "you could really dress these up and wear them out for cocktails or for a dressy dinner", and "these have a rhinestone on the buckle and shiny faux croc leather; that makes them so nice to wear to weddings and social events".

NO! NO! NO!

At no point in time should someone think that a dressy dinner party should involve a hippie-assed sandal.  I see people who look like they got dressed in the dark, they look like they have fashion schizophrenia, and I wonder where they got the idea that they looked good.  Well folks, now I know.  Q-fricking-VC.

1 comments:

euphoricemily said...

whatever...Birks are super fancy!! I want a pair with some bling!! They are almost as dressy as my chacos!