Tuesday, February 2, 2010

How silly can you get?


Okay, it is time to admit my secret shame.

I. Love. To. Watch. The. Bachelor.

I can't help it.  The shear level of desperation displayed by these women is mostly appalling, but also fascinating.  Sadly, I realize that I enjoy it because on some level it is nice to know that drop-dead gorgeous women are not only insecure, but also bat shit crazy.

Now, I do not pretend to be normal, god knows, I would fail miserably; however, I find the majority of these women INSANE!  Certifiable. Ready for the looney bin.  Crazy with a K.  I can only think of one, maybe two, men that I would physically or verbally fight other women for, and they are both fictional characters.  (Oh, Mr. Darcy, I would take Elizabeth Bennett down with my fists and my wit.)

These women are supposedly educated and successful, but they act like preschoolers fighting over a toy.  Do I think it is stupid? Yes.  Do I think it is, on some level, misogynistic? Yes.  Do I watch it every week? You betcha.  I realize I am part of the disease, not the cure, but I love it.  Maybe I will feel better if I watch a show with some educational value, like an X-Files rerun.  (Oh, Mulder, I would fight an alien AND the cigarette smoking man for you!)

2 comments:

euphoricemily said...

Mr. Darcy is worth a fist fight!

Layin' it down for all to see... said...

Preach on sister!!! Swoon.