Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wal-mart and hairy-wart should rhyme, but they don't...

I went to the icky Wal-Mart to buy a filter for my humidifier, and decided to look in the fabric and notions section for some new fun yarn.  What I found there was both disturbing and haunting.



Do you all remember those zubaz pants that were popular with football fans and coaches in the 90's?  Well I found a middle-aged man in the fabric department wearing a pair, in tiger.  He had several bolts of fabric laid out across his buggy.  One is a checkered flag print, the other has the number 3 all over it and the other two have various nascar logos all over them.  This guy is looking back and forth between the fabric and his tony the tiger pants, almost as if he is wondering how much fabric he will need to fashion a homemade pair of these textile nightmares.   In fact, I think that is exactly what he was contemplating. He is staring at the fabric and ... Oh, the humanity.  Things like this should not be allowed to happen in America.

Check this out!  This chick is a hoot!
http://nomissedopportunities.blogspot.com/2010/03/rant-part-2.html#comment-form
  
Non sequitur: I really hate it when you find a really perfect piece of fruit at the grocery, and you pick it up and the side that was hidden is all mushy.  Such a let-down.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Hah. I just posted about Walmart. My father in law sent me the link to a website called people of walmart or something like that which has all kinds of photos of people JUST like this guy. Did you get a pic on the sly?

Katie said...

BTW I just posted a link to this post. I wish I could have seen this guy~

euphoricemily said...

You know you want a pair!