Monday, February 15, 2010

An salute to flatulence...


I paid a dollar for a self-inflating whoopie-cushion today.  It may have been the best dollar I have spent this year.  My co-worker/friend spent an hour perfecting the different, ahem...noises.  By the end of the day he had named one the "Queen of England", and another the "Two for One". 

We discussed how no matter where you are from, your economic status, age, race, religion or other affiliation, a fart is really funny.  It is one of the only things that truly crosses all boundaries.  So, I want to salute the farts of the world.  You remind me that we are all the same.  I think Benetton should do an advert where farts are the stars.   I'm not sure how they would do print ads, but the TV spots would be fun.

Toot Tone!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Russ said...

Hell. Yes. Farts are funny. When I worked at the Regal in Boone, one of the ushers I worked with couldn't abide fart-humor. He hated any movie with "potty" humor, said it was too low brow. It was very disappointing; I thought he was a cool guy.

Katie said...

I once got some Poot putty (actual name) in a little container that I put into my son's stocking at Christmas. The very first time he used it, I confiscated it and he NEVER got the chance to play with it again. I have since replaced the original container 11 times. I can not be without it. It will NEVER get old to me! Never.